*We will be flexible with the hybrid event. Please follow the instructions
of the organizer for details..
- Even game. The first player starts with 6.5 points Komi.
- Time limit
- The time limit for each player is 30 minutes. The time will be measured by the server. The server will count time in steps of 0.1 seconds.
- In a re-match situation, in some cases, the time limit may be short (20 minutes, 15 minutes or 10 minutes) to restart the game. The change of the time limit shall be decided based on the ruling of the referee or the executive chairperson.
- Ending procedure and game result
- Based on the Japanese Rules of Go(1989), except the following ending procedure.
- If any of the following conditions hold, the game ends, and the result of the game is determined.
- Foul play: The program which played a foul will lose. Even if the opponent's program or operator misses a foul and the game continues, before submitting the result record sheet, if the operator or the referee notices the foul, the program which played the foul will lose. After submitting the result record sheet, winner or loser is never changed.
- Exceeding the time limit: the side which runs out of the time limit loses.
- Completion of 400 moves ("pass" is counted as a move): In this position, under the presence of both program operators, the referee makes a judgment on win / lose / draw.
- Sending a “resign”: The side which sent a “resign” to server loses.
- Pass continued twice in succession: Win / lose will be decided by following procedure.
- Both programs display the dead stones on the monitor, if they can.
- Both programs calculate the territories and display win or lose, if they can.
- If the both results are perfectly same, it will be the result of the game.
- If the results of win / lose are same even though both territories judgement are different, it will be the result of the game.
- If the result of win / lose are different, under the
presence of both program operators, the referee makes a judgment on win /
The referee shall judge the outcome by the following procedure.
- To the greatest extent possible, judge dead/alive by referring to the judgment of dead/alive by both programs.
- If the programs can roughly calculate the territories, decide win/ lose by using the result.
- If the programs find it difficult to judge the territories, the referee makes the better judgment to decide on win/lose. However, in this case, the portion where the dead / alive judgment of both programs matches, shall be judged on the assumption that it is correct.
- If the better judgement is even or it is impossible to arrive at the better judgement for some reason, the game will be draw.
- Same position repetition: In cases where a situation falling under Article 12 of the Japanese Rules of Go, such as, the so-called " 3-kou" appears, the referee confirms and judges the game as "draw" in the presence of both program operators.
- In case the normal progress of the game cannot be made
- In the event where normal game cannot proceed, operators must seek the judgment of the referee promptly.
- In the case that the cause is found to be related to the organizer side, or in the case of an unexpected accident, the referee decides the handling, such as, win / lose / draw / restarting from the middle of the game/ start new game again. The referee takes the decision based on the remaining time of both sides, the time limit in the case of re-start or start new game.
- Operators cannot touch any input device to the computer during the game. In the case of an action that is recognized as input, the game may be lost as a foul. If you have any other issues, seek the referee for instructions.
- If an unfair act is discovered, the participant will be disqualified and excluded from the rank. Even if a fraud is found after this competition, if the fact is confirmed, the concerned participant that made fraud is disqualified. Depending on the content of cheating, there may be cases where heavier punishment is awarded.
- In the event in which judgment cannot be decided by the referee, the executive chairperson of this competition gives the ruling. Even in cases, such as, handling of the result of the game or the like does not stipulate in this provision, participants must follow the ruling of the referee or the chairperson of the convention. In any case, the ruling of the executive chairperson will be the final judgement.
- Submission of result record form and how to decide the win/loss
- Since the winner is finally decided on the basis of the result record form submitted after the game, both players must submit it immediately after the game. If the form is not submitted for some reason, the referee may confirm the winner. The submission method of the form will be notified to the participants separately.